This is a simple, light and easy dessert which requests no cooking. Just make it 4 hours before serving. You will be delighted with its finesse.
Banoffee Pie (Tarte aux bananes)
- 1 Pack Digestive biscuit I left 4 pieces unused
- 80 g Salted butter
- 200 ml Dulce de leche Homemade
- 250 ml Whipping cream crème fleurette
- 50 g Icing sugar sucre glacé
- 4 pieces Toasted macadamia nuts optional for decoration purpose
- 1 tablespoon Coconut sugar optional for decoration purpose
Prepare the dulce de leche in advance if it’s homemade
Crush the biscuits in a mortar then mix it by hand with the softened salted butter to form a shortbread. Place a piece of baking paper at the base of the mold and spread the shortbread to form a thin pie crust.
Put the crust in the fridge for 15 minutes
In the meantime, cut the bananas into round slices (not too thin to keep the chewy texture)
Whip up the cream (firmly) and add the icing sugar
Take out the pie crust from the fridge
Add a thin layer of the dulce de leche to the crust
Spread the sliced bananas
Put a thin layer of the whipped cream
Put the pie in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving
In a bowl, mix the crushed macadamia nuts and the coconut sugar then sprinkle the mixture on the pie before serving
* I left 4 pieces of Digestive biscuits unused to have a thinner crust.
* I used a 7 inch spring form baking mold (see photo).
* Cut a piece of baking paper larger than the mold base to facilitate taking out the pie from the mold. I just slide it onto a chopping board or serving plate.